Ruffle Heart Craft Project

Ruffle Heart Craft Project-

Let’s Make a Valentines Day Craft, it’s easy to do and something you can make with your children ( grandchildren) too.
ruffle heart craft katherines corner

What You Need

Felt (10 pieces of 12×12 squares) your color choice
Cardboard (or light wood) cut into a heart shape ( or pre-made heart shape) This project uses a cardboard heart measuring 4 ½ inches in diameter
1 piece of paper Ribbon about 8 inches
Scissors
Hot glue gun and glue sticks
Compass or something to draw a circle (use the bottom of a shot glass or something similar)

Before your Start: Draw  and cut out a small circle template using your compass , shot glass or something similar that measures approximately 1 inch in diameter.

Let Make It! Lay your template onto your felt and cut out 100 felt circles (you may need more if your cardboard heart is bigger, it takes about 6-8 circles to fill approximately a 2 inch area. Heat your glue gun. Glue your ribbon onto each side of the heart to form a loop.  To make the ruffles fold a circle in half and then in half again. Place a dollop of glue on the bottom (see image below) .

Apply the  felt ruffle to your cardboard cutout ruffle side up. Continue this process until your heart is covered. This takes time. Snuggle each piece up against each other (not to snug) and move across the cardboard heart until it is completely filled.

Then cover the edges using the same method. Turn the heart over and repeat on the back. Hang it up for Valentine ’s Day or just because.

*Katie’s Tid Bits Add a little bit of  glitter  to the edges of some of the ruffles for a little extra sparkle.

Comments

1. Odie Langley says:

Great project & very pretty.

2. Katherine, what a great project!! I love it and I'm going to make some! Thanks for sharing the directions!

3. WobiSobi says:

I love this, I can't wait to make some!!

4. Jennifer Richardson says:

What a clever little beauty!
    I love your idea
    and applaud your patience:)
    Inspired I am,
    Jennifer

5. What a cute little heart! :)

6. BonjourRomance says:

How pretty! Okay, off to buy some felt.
    Bon journée,
    Mimi

7. Beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Very cute project and just in time for Valentine's Day!

Hugs,
    Kat

9. Too sweet! What a lovely idea for a Valentine's decoration

10. Nicole Mariana says:

Following you from follow me back Tuesdays! Please follow me back!

XoXo Nicole Mariana

11. A multi-dimensional life says:

That is just beautiful! Thanks for sharing this sweet idea!

12. Great idea!! I so want to give this a go!! Thanks for the tutorial!

13. I absolutely adore this project! I would love for you to link it to my Fridays Unfolded at http://www.stuff-and-nonsense.net/2011/02/fridays-unfolded-4.html

New follower too!

14. Cute…easy…great gift giver with a box of chocolate. ♥

15. Hi, just catching up with your blog, thank you for visiting my blog. Wow what a lovely heart, my youngest will love this project. Best wishes,
    Posie

16. Great project for V day!!! I love you playlilst too and Dave Koz's song is PERFECT for then also!!! Love your taste in music…it's mine too!

17. Cranberry Morning says:

That is a great idea for a really cute craft project!

Thanks for following Cranberry Morning. So nice to have you with us. :-)

18. caterpillar says:

I got to got to got try this….thanks for the directions…

19. So many talented and crafty people in the blog world. How did i miss the craft gene?

20. Love this heart!! I am your newest follower! Thanks for your nice coments!

21. That is such a cute heart. Great idea.

22. Survey Junkie says:

Hi Katherine,
    I'm your newest follower from Spotlight Saturday. Thank you for joining us. I love the heart, its gorgeous and what a fun project!

Have a great weekend,
    Stacy

23. Sarah, Three Boys says:

I love your blog! Found you on the hop. I hope you will stop by ThreeBoys and follow along as well:)

threeboys-home.blogspot.com

24. This is so cute, thank you for sharing!

Thank you for the comment on my blog, have a wonderful weekend

25. ladyguinevere28 says:

Hello I am your newest follower from Saturday Stalk. Hope you could follow me back. It's

26. Angela McInnis says:

So cute,Katie! I am your newest follower! Please, stop by and visit me again soon!
    Angela

27. Super cute! And it looks easy, too…like even I might be able to do it! ;)

Mom In Orbit

28. This is really cute! Glad you stopped by to say hi :)

29. Anonymous says:

Love it!

30. Your red heart is so pretty Katherine.

Dee