What Can You Do

The disaster in Japan and the pacific is clearly on all of our minds. For those of you who read my blog regularly you know that it is a “close to home” issue for me. My beautiful sister June and her family live in Tokyo. They are safe. But the news coming from Japan continues to be terrible. The Tsunami is now being overshadowed by the unprecedented breakdown of four nuclear reactors. Although the feeling of helplessness can easily overcome me there is something I can do.

America is sending urgently needed funds and help to Japan. You can contribute to by going to the official American Red Cross website. Please remember when any tragedy occurs there are unscrupulous people who will take advantage of your good  intentions. Please be sure to make your contributions to a verified “official site” . If you can not help monetarily your prayers are worth more than gold.

Comments

1. Chatty Crone says:

I heard the Red Cross was great – have to be careful of the smaller ones though. Thanks. sandie

2. Formerly known as Frau says:

So sad by everything happening in Japan, I hope your sister and her family are safe.

3. Louisiana Belle says:

The Red Cross is a wonderful organization. Great advice. :)

4. The Girlie Blog says:

Very sweet message! Hope your loved ones are recovering through the disaster.

5. Odie Langley says:

I see good looks runs in your family. That is good advice on being safe when donating. No one here can begin to comprehend how bad it is over there. I am so glad your relatives are safe.

6. welcome to my world of poetry says:

So glad your relations are safe, I can't begin to comprehend what people have gone through.

Yvonne.

7. Alex J. Cavanaugh says:

I just read the amount of donations through the Red Cross have been substantial the past few days, which is good news!

8. Thisisme. says:

Beautiful photo and I know that Japan is in all our prayers at the moment. Goodness knows how long it is going to take for them to get over this. Terrible situation. So glad your dear sister is safe.

9. Such a tremendous tragedy. My prayers are with them.

10. Createology says:

Prayers for all who are suffering in the midst of this unprecedented tragedy. The Red Cross is an amazing support group for all. Blessings…

11. Slamdunk says:

Good of you to promote this Katherine–the disaster there is difficult to grasp.

12. Hoping your sister and her family stay safe there . . .

13. So glad your sister and family are OK, Katie! Such a worry. You are right about the Red Cross and prayers. They both do a world of good. Sending hugs…D

14. The Red Cross is a wonderful organization despite some bad press which was so hyped up!
    Beautiful post!

Hiya! Newest follower from the I ♥ blogging Hop– please stop by and say hello! Would love if ya followed back!

♥cyn♥

15. Thank you so much for posting this link. I hope your sister remains safe.

16. Prays for the continued safety of your sister and family….

17. Naila Moon of the Grey Wolf says:

Hope your family continues to be safe. I have friends that live there. They are safe as well.
    Peace….Naila Moon