This is a delish and yummy pie. Perfect for meatless Monday
What You need
1 Lb. Large ripe tomatoes (thinly sliced)
15 oz. ricotta cheese (you can use cottage but it is not as rich)
4 Large eggs
1/4 Cup Parmigiano-reggiano cheese
1/2 tsp Salt
1 / 4 tsp black pepper
1/4 Cup low fat milk
1 Tbsp cornstarch
1/2 Cup fresh basil leaves (chopped and reserve some whole ones too)
1/2 Cup fresh mint leaves (chopped)See my tid bit below
Oven safe skillet ( 10 inch works well)
Before You Start : Preheat oven to 375 °
Lets Make It! In large bowl, whisk ricotta cheese, eggs, parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper until blended. In a small bowl stir milk and cornstarch until smooth; whisk into cheese mixture. Stir in basil and mint. Pour the mixture into skillet and arrange tomatoes on top ( it is okay to overlap if you need to) Bake for about 35 to 40 minutes or until lightly browned ( edges are firm and the center is puffed) scattered some whole basil leaves on top and let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Katies Tid Bits** Try leaving out the mint and add a little chopped green onion instead
I’m also participating in todays Meet Me Monday blog hop over at Never Growing Old to participate. just click the image on the left.
1. What is your favorite yogurt flavor? Used to be cherry, now no dairy for me, it doesn’t stop me from making dairy filled food for my family and friends though.
2. Ankle or knee socks? and on the same theme, white socks or coloured?? I love fancy colorful fun socks in the winter usually ankle
3. How is the weather right now? Crazy, rain,wind storms, more rain, heat!…
4. Are you a fast typer? I used to type 108 wpm now only 60 wpm
5. Red or White Wine? White ( I also liked it over ice) I have a little sip once in a while now. But I am sugar free, caffeine free, dairy free and alcohol free now. Read this post from 2008
The Giveaway ends on the 20th have you entered yet?