Lessons Learned on a Journey With Pam!
I am so happy to have the lovely Pam from Over50Feeling40 as my guest today. Many of you are already familiar with her blog either through the Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop ( she is one of my sweet co-hostesses) or by already discovering her blog. She is such a bright light and her wonderful blog reminds us every day that ” We Matter” and that our age does not define us. ♥
Hi everyone…I first must thank the fabulous Katherine for inviting me to guest post on her site. She is an amazing talent and I have loved becoming bloggy friends with her…I hope someday we could meet!
I am beginning to get to know some of you from co-hosting the Thursday Blog Hop, and hopefully, if you have not joined us, you will. But, in thinking about what to write for today, I thought I would review some of the biggest lessons I have learned since crossing over to the fun side of 50! Yes, I am serious…I believe I am having the best time of my life right now.
On Thursdays, we are discussing fashion, beauty and health. However, as I discovered my life again after fifty, I learned even more on a deeper level. Here are some of the highlights:
1. I really love having a close relationship with my adult children and their significant others. Life is more fun with them…now that homework, athletic practices, and SAT scores are behind us. Yes, I am still MOM, but I do not try to control their decisions or lives…so much more enjoyable to give back the reigns. I also love, love, love my baby grandson…he is practically perfect in every way!! Again, I tread carefully in my role as Grandma.
2. I have learned joy is found in living one day at time. I do not lament over the past and do not worry about the future…I just live today to its fullest. When worry creeps in, I physically say STOP!… and find something to work or focus on for that day. (Of course, for me, it helps immensely to pray throughout the day…especially the stressful ones).
3. I am constantly reminding myself that LIFE IS SHORT…not in a grim way…but an exciting way. These three little words motivate me to not waste a minute of it.
4. Since life is short, it is important to pursue and saturate yourself in your passions. Mine are writing, music, art, studying, and, yes, fashion. Also, a passion of mine, is to inspire others. The fountain of youth can be discovered in helping and working with people.
5. I had a difficult upbringing, but after 50, I have chosen to no longer get angry…frustration happens a lot less. Forgiveness and balance are so healing and make joy possible.
On my blog, you will often see the words Joy, Strength, and Dignity…they are words I live by and will take me through as I face gray hair, wrinkles, osteoporosis, and whatever lies ahead. There are some amazing over 50 women bloggers and I really hope you will join all of us as we enjoy life one post at a time!
Blessings to you all!
Would anyone else like to share some of your biggest lessons learned over 50??
Thank you Pam for sharing your positive attitude and mantra i agree completely that the fountain of youth can be discovered in helping and working with others. I am honored to have shared Katherines Corner with you today.
See you all at the Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop I look forward to seeing what you share this week. ♥ You can start linking up at 8 PM (MST) tomorrow night.
Please DO NOT leave links in your comments, thank you ♥
I do my best to reply to all comments via email, please be patient with me ♥
I'm sharing and linking at theses parties and hops CLICK HERE
Stay connected to Katherines Corner.You won't miss a thing when I pop into your in bin ♥
Click on the notify me of new posts by email below or
click on the right sidebar for ways to follow or follow through bloglovin.