Welcome to my little corner of blog land. It is a pleasure to have you here. I’m Katherine, Tea Drinker, Hug Giver, Friend Maker, Shop Owner, Ordained Christian Reverend, Angel Messenger, and Child of God. Welcome to Katherines Corner.
I am an open-minded and spiritual person who strives to always maintain a positive attitude and I greet each new day with grace, dignity, and gratitude. I am perfectly imperfect and I believe love makes a family. I believe there are angels on earth (my Mother is one).
I answer to many names, Katherine, honey, and babe to my hubby. Mom to our wonderful daughter, Grandma to 5 amazing people (age 12-22), Katie to family and friends, Reverend Katherine to others, and Mama to our sweet fur baby Izzy.
I’m madly in love with my best friend and it is a blessing to be his wife, we have been together for 23 years. We live a quiet life and enjoy simple things. I was born in England and we are currently living in Utah. We can see the beautiful mountains from our kitchen window and the lake from our bedroom window. I hold rare dual citizenship with the UK and the USA and I am a proud citizen of both.
This is Izzy, the official blog dog!
I often have inquiries about some of my health conditions, so I’m sharing a photo and some information with you about a couple of them. Attitude is everything as you can see from my Silly Squishy Smile, lol. You can find more information about Polycythemia vera (PV) at the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. PV is a chronic blood cancer disease,I also have cancer cells in my bone marrow. It is not curable. But, it usually can be managed effectively for long periods of time. I will celebrate 17 years of life through treatments on January 28th, 2022.
PV is one of a related group of blood cancers known as Myeloproliferative Neoplasm. The medical supervision of a PV patient is mandatory. Oncologists and Hematologists treat patients with PV. PV may eventually progress into a form of leukemia known as acute myeloid leukemia. I hope this helped to understand a bit more about PV. If you have PV or love someone who does. I’d love to hear about your experiences.
I suffered a traumatic brain injury as a result of domestic violence (ex-husband). It is the main reason I use my walking stick. As a result, I have MAV “migraine seizures and severe vertigo”. Both are managed by a neurologist and I have one of the very best in the country on my side ( he is the head of neurology at the University of Utah).
Okay, that’s enough medical icky stuff. I do hope it helps you to know me a bit more and if you have any questions related to my health I am happy to answer. Please keep in mind that I am not a physician, I am your friend. Please speak with your healthcare professional regarding any symptoms, diagnosis, or health-related things. For a list of trigger foods for MAV seizures please click HERE.
After over 35 years of managing businesses and working for others, my health challenges now keep me at home. But that’s okay because home is my favorite place to be. It gives me the opportunity to pursue the things I love. Creating art and designs for my online shops and sharing things I enjoy with others.
This blog is a labor of love and it is my intention to share all that I can with you. I will always share Encouragement, Inspiration, and Friendship.
One of the nicest compliments I have ever received was during an annual work evaluation. I was told that I treat each person like they are the most important person in the world. I was humbled by these words and they are forever embedded in my heart. I strive to continue to live my life this way. It is my sincere hope that you will leave Katherines Corner feeling encouraged and inspired enough to subscribe and visit often. I treasure every bloggy friendship ♥
Just the Facts-Katherines Corner is user-friendly. Current blog posts are visible on the home page or by clicking the blog tab from the top menu, just click read more to see the full post. Click on the tabs at the top of Katherines Corner for more goodies, and you can click the images in the sidebar too. I invite you to leave comments in the area located at the bottom of every post.
I am an ordained Christian reverend please read my post below for more details.
There’s a bit more to know please read Family Secrets ♥
My Photography– sometimes I set up a photoshoot and sometimes I just take a quick snapshot, there are no rules for my photography.
Would you like to get in touch with me? Please click the Contact tab at the top of the blog or fill in the form below.
If you still want to learn more, bless your heart, thank you. Check out my likes and dislikes and let’s see how many we have in common xo
- I love making memories with my husband, my family, and my friends.
- I enjoy creating recipes, photography, music, art, reading, writing, movies. making memories, blogging, and working from home.
- I always enjoy having friends and family over for a good meal. Food tastes better when it is shared. yes, I am a foodie, giggle. I am an unpretentious cook. I cook and create recipes for food that has easy to follow instructions and just tastes GOOD!
- I’m uncomfortable in heat exceeding 75 degrees and I love the rain. I sing in the car, very loudly!
- It is my goal one day to live in a cottage by the water
- I enjoy bike rides and spontaneous adventures. I love a good road trip!
- I’m a bit superstitious.
- I’m afraid of heights and rodents.
- I believe in Karma. I pray and meditate daily.
- One of my favorite places to visit the US is the Oregon coast. I love the beach. But, I don’t like to swim in the Ocean.
- I enjoy silly humor. But, I don’t like The Three Stooges.
- If I had a Super Power I would want it to be the ability to heal.
- My main guilty pleasure foods are: French fries, plain Lays potato chips, and my almost sugar-free apple pie ( it’s been pinned more than 20,000 times! Wooo Hoo, thank you!
- I sometimes forget where I park my car and I wander around the parking lot for a few minutes until I find it. ( update I can no longer drive but I still forget where we park the car, LOL)
- In my pantry, you will always find tea and cheerios. In my fridge, you will always find fresh fruit and vegetables.
- I love dogs and I’m allergic to cats.
- I’m a mushball and I love romantic gestures.
- I used to collect angels; I had been collecting them since I was a little girl. I now have more than anyone person should have. I choose a few to display and the rest are packed away.
- I also have a very nice collection of white pitchers.
- I believe every person has a right to be married.
- I have a long list of movies I’ve enjoyed over the years and that list is always growing. But, “The Big Chill” and “The Enchanted Cottage” are always at the top of my list. I love classic films. Unfortunately, I can no longer watch movies at the theaters ( because of my MAV). I wait patiently for their release on DVD or streaming.
- I don’t like the nickname Kathy, although people had called me that up until the ’80s. I prefer my given name Katherine or the nickname Katie.I listen to music every day. My favorite music is Jazz or Classic rock followed closely by everything else.
- I hope one day to learn to play the guitar. I own approximately 900 cd’s and I have more than 100 record albums. Yes, record albums.
- I have been fortunate to have traveled to many places in our big beautiful world and I have lived in some exotic and unusual places too. I have lived in England, France, Turkey, Puerto Rico, California, Oregon, Washington, and Utah. I hope to visit Vermont in the Autumn one day.
- I cherish my bloggy friendships.
- I believe most people are good. I will talk to anyone, anywhere, at any time, as long as it is welcomed. If I love someone I say “I love you” without hesitation.
- I think a good laugh and a hug every day helps you to live a long happy life.
- I have experienced great pain and sorrow. I have experienced the greatest love and the fullest joys.
- I have Polycythemia Vera ( chronic blood cancer), I have suffered a TBI, and I have MAV. I am not defined by my chronic illnesses or their acronyms.
Comments are the lifeblood of a good blog. I love your comments! I read every single one! I respond to as many comments as possible. Every comment matters, every comment feels like a hug from a friend! I value your time, thank you for sharing your thoughts.
I hope you enjoy your visits to Katherines Corner.