Hello friends, well darn I think most of you know what happened with my blog. If you missed the tear stained post you can see it HERE. (smile). So I’m starting all over with Pinterest. Sadly none of the links you or I posted directly from Katherines Corner to Pinterest will work. They will all show an error code, because the IP address to my blog was changed by GoDaddy when they republished Katherines Corner, Ughhh…….
I must tell you this is a daunting task, ( like pushing a boulder up hill) but one I know is necessary. I’ve tried editing each pin with the new IP address but it doesn’t work. I just get an error message that the edit can’t be saved. I’ve contacted Pinterest and I’m sure I’ll hear back from them at some point waaaay in the future. So I’m taking this disappointment as an opportunity to create and organize my Pinterest Boards. What can I say, I’m a lemonade out of lemons kind of person (smile).
Your photo for Pinterest should be 1000 x 1500 pixels, a rudimentary example is below.
Do you use sections in your Pinterest boards?
I’ve checked out some Pinterest tips and tricks and found the following:
- Your username and blog/site information can be searched! Specifically, your blog/site name. So, if you go to Pinterest and search Katherines Corner several pins will pop up!
- Include key search words in your profile.
- If you use
hashtagskeywords put them at the end of the description, limit your hashtagskeywords to 10 or less to avoid being targeted as spam.
- You can pin videos.
- Use text overlay on your videos, it’s like SEO .
- Fill out the details area, descriptions and categories influence how your content is found on Pinterest search.
- Board descriptions should be short and to the point. Two sentences is enough.
- Claim your blog/site. I had to reclaim my blog again. Make sure you have claimed yours. There are three options. Please see image below.
Since Pinterest is one of the social media accounts I most enjoy (I also share on Instagram and Facebook) I’m taking things slowly to make sure I get it right.
I found some great tips for Pinterest Marketing on Hubspot HERE
Would you consider pinning from Katherines Corner? You can leave a comment telling me how many images you pinned and I’ll hop over to your blog and do the same.
I look forward to seeing you here on Thursday for the TFT blog hop link party!