About Katherine, author of Katherines Corner
You are on the about Katherine page.
Hello and Welcome! I’m so happy you are here at Katherines Corner and that you are interested in learning a bit more about me. I’m Katherine (some call me Katie) and I am honored by your visit to my blog. I was born in England on Nov 1st 1960 (I’m a Scorpio) I came to live in the USA in 1975. I currently live in Utah where I can see the beautiful mountains from our kitchen window and the lake from our bedroom window.
I hold a rare dual citizenship with the UK and the USA and I am a proud citizen of both.
I am an open minded and spiritual person who strives to always maintain a positive attitude and greet each new day with grace, dignity and gratitude. I am happily married to my best friend Robert (Sparky). I am a Mother to one and Grandmother to five beautiful children. I am a friend to all and I am also Mama to our sweet dog Izzy, his photo is below.
After over 35 years managing businesses and working for others I no longer work outside the home. This gives me the opportunity to pursue the things I love. Sharing with you and creating art and designs for my online shops and blog design site.
I treasure every bloggy friendship♥ One of the nicest compliments I have ever received was during an annual work evaluation. I was told that I treat each person like they are the most important person in the world. I was honored by these words and they are forever embedded on my heart. I strive to continue to live my life this way.
Please take a moment and subscribe to Katherines Corner by entering your email in the box below, on my right sidebar or below in the comment section. Your privacy is safe, I would never give or sell your email to anyone.
Stay connected to Katherines Corner.
You won’t miss a thing when I pop into your in bin ♥
♥ I am Social, Please Join Me ♥
Your privacy is safe, I would never give or sell your email to anyone.
- This is a photo of our sweet fur baby Izzy. Oh look he is on my sidebar too♥ →
- I am a child of God. I believe love makes a family. I believe there are angels on earth (my Mother is one.) I am proud to be a contributing writer in the Ruby For Women Christian women’s magazine with over 150,000 online readers. You can read a copy of the latest edition HERE.
- I love making memories with my husband, my family, and friends.
- I enjoy creating recipes, photography, music, art, reading, writing, movies. making memories, blogging and working from home.
- I always enjoy having friends and family over for a good meal. Food tastes better when it is shared. yes, I am a foodie, giggle.I am an unpretentious cook. I cook and create recipes for food that has easy to follow instructions and just tastes GOOD!
- I’m uncomfortable in heat exceeding 75 degrees and I love the rain. I sing in the car, very loudly!
- It is my goal one day to live in a cottage by the water
- I enjoy bike rides and spontaneous adventures. I love a good road trip!
- I’m a bit superstitious. I’m afraid of heights and rodents.I believe in Karma. I pray daily and I meditate daily. I invite you to visit my meditation blog HERE
- One of my favorite places to visit is the Oregon coast. I love the beach. But, I don’t like to swim in the Ocean. I enjoy silly humor. But, I don’t like The Three Stooges.
- If I had a Super Power I would want it to be the ability to heal.
- My main guilty pleasure foods are: French fries, potato chips and bacon. But not all at once and not very often.
- I sometimes forget where I park my car and I wander around the parking lot for a few minutes until I find it.
- In my pantry you will always find tea and cheerios. In my fridge you will always find fresh fruit and vegetables.
- I love dogs and I’m allergic to cats.
- I’m a mush ball and I love romantic gestures.
- I used to collect angels; I had been collecting them since I was a little girl.I now have more than anyone person should have.I choose a few to display and the rest are packed away.
- I also have a very nice collection of white pitchers.
- I believe every person has a right to be married.
- I have a long list of movies I’ve enjoyed over the years and that list is always growing. But, “The Big Chill” and “The Enchanted Cottage” are always at the top of my list. I love classic films.Unfortunately I can no longer watch movies at the theaters( because of my MAV). But I wait patiently for their release on dvd.:-)
- I don’t like the nickname Kathy, although people have been calling me that for years. I prefer my given name Katherine, or the nickname Katie.
- I also write a blog at BeWellGiftsBlog.com
- I listen to music every day. My favorite music is Jazz or Classic rock followed closely by everything else. I hope one day to learn to play the guitar. I own approximately 900 cd’s and I have more than 100 record albums. Yes, record albums.
- I have been fortunate to have traveled to many places in our big beautiful world and I have lived in some exotic and unusual places too. I have lived in England, France,Turkey, Puerto Rico, California,Oregon, Washington, and Utah. I hope to visit Vermont in the Autumn someday .
- I cherish my bloggy friendships. I believe most people are good. I will talk to anyone, anywhere, at anytime, as long as it is welcomed. If I love someone I say “I love you” without hesitation.
- I think a good laugh and a hug every day helps you to live a long happy life.
- I have experienced great pain and sorrow. I have experienced the greatest love and the fullest joys. I have Polycythemia Vera, I have suffered a TBI, and I have MAV.
- This is where I create CLICK HERE to view my art room post
How I earn a living: For over 30 years I worked in internal medicine, gastroenterology, advertising, home development and managed a real estate brokerage too. Now I earn a living by sharing my creativity. I have a blog art/design website Blog Art By Katherine (let me help you create the blog you envision) and four online shops Keepsakes By Katherine , Be Well Gifts , Gifts By Katherine ( is undergoing a change and will relaunch soon) and Craft Supply Things .
if you have seen this image before,it was taken by me ( I have seen it used many times throughout the internet, but it is my image) .I now know I must watermark all my photos. A tough blog lesson to learn.
To find more blog tips please visit my blogging tips page HERE
If you would like to know anything specific about me please contact me. I invite you to read my old Tid Bit Tuesday posts or my blogger interview. If you still want to learn more, bless your heart♥ You can find more to read below. Thank you for your bloggy friendship. I hope you enjoy your time spent at Katherines Corner.
a Western Tale can be found HERE
Blog Tour click HERE
Getting around Katherines Corner
Katherines Corner is user friendly. Current blog posts are visible on the home page, just click read more to see the full post. Hover over the tabs at the top of Katherines Corner to find more fun things.Click on the drop down tabs below the main tabs at the top too. You can click the images on the sidebar. You can leave comments at the bottom of every post. I ♥ comments they are like hugs!!! You will receive a response to your comments via email if your email is available, sometimes I am a bit slow at answering so please be patient with me. You can grab a blog button HERE for more information on what’s happening and getting around Katherines Corner please click HERE
Do you have a question? I would love to hear from you CLICK HERE
post may contain affiliate links