How To Set Up A Blog Giveaway
Giveaways are a fun way to say thank you to your blog readers and to help draw attention to your blog too. Everybody loves the opportunity to win a prize. But there are some essentials that you must consider when you are hosting a giveaway.
• When you create a giveaway. Offer a variety of ways to enter. Do not ask for facebook likes. This is against facebook rules and will result in your account being closed. You can ask entrants to visit facebook, this may or may not result in new facebook followers.
• Google Plus does not allow any incentive of any kind to gain followers. Leave google plus off of your entry methods.
• You should NOT have pinterest only, or twitter only, etc. entries. Although it may surprise you to know, not everyone who enters giveaways has a pinterest account, twitter account etc.
If you have giveaway partners ( other bloggers joining in as a group giveaway)
• Ask your blog giveaway partners to write a personal introduction to the giveaway information you provide to them. Just a small paragraph in their own words. This is important as crawlers ( SEO crawlers) grab the first paragraph when they search. If everyone has the same first paragraph it gets a red flag, etc. No two blog posts should ever be exactly alike ( SEO =spamming and being flagged).
• DO NOT charge your blog partners for the “privilege” of being included and then charge them a “buy in” . Do one or the other but not both! Example $20 to be a partner will get you: a link to your blog and 3 soical links. Or $5 for each social link.
• Use the rel=nofollow coding when you list your giveaway partners link. ( see this page for information regarding rel=nofollow)
• If you are fortunate to have a giveaway sponsor ( company that provides the prize)make sure you provide them with your giveaway good practices information. Such as value of prize how quickly to provide the winner with the prize etc.
• I think it is important to mention that If your giveaway prizes are “sponsored” you must verify your prizes have been received by the winner. I know it is hard to believe, but some may promise a prize without fulfillment. I prefer sponsors provide gift cards, gift codes rather than a physical prize. But sometimes that isn’t an option or does not work with the type of prize offered. Ask your sponsor to copy you on any correspondence provided to the winner.
• It’s important that you verify each entry. A few people will say “I posted your giveaway on my blog”, but when you visit the blog it’s not there. They may even say they are a subscriber or follower of your blog but their email cannot be found on your subscriber list. It’s unfortunate, but it does happen.
• Use a verified drawing process like rafflecopter or random.org ( there are others too) to select your winner and be sure to post how your winner will be selected in your rules.
• Set up and post your FTC compliant disclosure on your giveaway post or included in your giveaway “legal stuff”area
• Keep good records.
• Announce the winner.
Why Google says no to giveaways click HERE
Please let me know if you are having a giveaway on your blog. I love to enter too and you can add your giveaway link to my Giveaway List Page too. If you need help creating a giveaway button? I can help.
Reminder I have a new giveaway every month!!!
How To Set Up A Blog Hop Click HERE
The Technical Stuff Explained Click HERE
The Business Of Blogging Click HERE
Selling Ad Space On Your Blog Click HERE
Blogging Etiquette Click HERE
Pinterest and Your Blog Click Here
thank you hugs coming your way