This list only contains a few of the items that are migraine safe foods (based on my migraine trigger list). Migraine Safe Foods ( it is very important to read the ingredients labels) Fresh is Best and Homemade is always better ♥
Bread – Any white, wheat, rye or pumpernickel store-bought bread, plain or sesame seed bagels, English muffins, quick breads, pumpernickel or zucchini breads. All yeast bread must be at least one day old, yeast free rising agent breads, flour tortillas, wheat, homemade breads without yeast, soda breads, biscuits, scones, pancakes.
- Cereal – Many cereals are fine. Oatmeal, and these popular brands; Cheerios, Life, Honey Bunches of Oats, Frosted Flakes, Frosted Shredded Wheat, just check the ingredients.
- Condiments-vegetable oils, small amounts of, ketchup, mayo, mustard ( read the ingredients) tabasco ,home made without triggers, organic often is trigger free.
- Crackers – Any unflavored cracker such as these popular brands; Saltines, Ritz, Wheat thins, Carr’s Table Crackers and Club crackers.
- Dairy– Deli American cheese, American cheese, cottage cheese, ricotta cheese and cream cheese, milk, cream ,butter.
- Drinks– Naturally decaffeinated coffee or tea, herbal teas (caffeine-free ) pear juice, apple juice, grape juice, cranberry juice, apricot nectar, caffeine-free sodas ( without trigger fruits)diet soda using sucralose , stevia or agave, ginger ale, mineral water, root beer and white milk.
- Fruits – Fresh strawberries, apples, pears, grapes, peaches, nectarines, blueberries, kiwi, apricots, blackberries, cherries, cantaloupes, mangoes, honeydew melon and watermelon. Fresh, frozen and canned (without triggers), citric acid, apple, applesauce , apple butter and melons.
- Meats– Fresh or frozen meat and seafood (without broths or flavor added) fresh chicken, beef, veal, lamb, fish, turkey or pork, sausage (without MSG, onion, or injected with a meat tenderizer) canned tuna in water.
- Pretzels, Chips– All plain pretzels and plain potato chips and 100% corn chips.
- Pies, Cakes, Cookies, Candy- Blueberry and apple store bought pies if made without lemon juice, vanilla, shortbread cookies, vanilla wafers, strawberry wafers, oatmeal cookies (without the raisins), rice pudding (without raisins), homemade pies and cakes (without nuts, dried fruits, lemon, chocolate, nuts or other trigger foods).
- Salad Dressing– Any oil and distilled white vinegar. Homemade gravies and broths made without MSG or trigger ingredients)
- Seeds, Popcorn – Unflavored popcorn, popcorn made at home from kernels, pumpkins seeds, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds and poppy seeds and coconut (it is a seed).
- Soy –since soy can be-you may have avoided it completely. Then introduce it back into your diet starting with soy milk, soy flour, plain tofu and soy oil after you have established your headache diary.
- Spices, Herbs– all spices and herbs (except those premade without triggers in them, like lemon pepper)
- Vegetables– fresh lettuce, bagged lettuce(preservative-free), peppers, zucchini, eggplant, garlic, leeks, green onions, spring onions, shallots, potatoes broccoli, asparagus, cauliflower, Brussels’ sprouts, carrots, corn, chick peas, mushrooms, canned or frozen peas, yams, string beans, artichokes, red beets, some beans, okra, plain rice, turnips, squash, pinto beans, kidney beans, black beans, garbanzo beans, tomatoes, leafy vegetables( spinach lettuce, bokchoy, etc),broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, brussel sprouts, asparagus, celery, cucumber, pumpkins, mushrooms, peas, green beans, okra, artichoke, sprouts, bell peppers, hot peppers, olives, fennel and corn .
- Vinegar-white distilled
Remember it is very important to read the ingredient labels. You will be surprised at what you find. Please consult your health car provider, and know your triggers.
Now you can eat migraine safe foods ♥