What I Learned About Facebook Live Streaming-
Well I did it, I broadcast live on Facebook. If you missed it and you would like to see it, please visit my facebook page. Most of you know that “going live” was a HUGE step for me to take into social media. I wrote a bit about my apprehension and the process last week please click HERE. Let me take a moment to preface this post by saying, “I’m really glad I did it and thank you to all who provided encouragement and support. Thank you for the participation through your comments and for all of the lovely emails after it was over. It was a joy knowing you were there cheering me on. I am sharing, what I learned about facebook live streaming, things to consider and things to change.
I know we are our own worst critic.But I do hope the things I learned about going live will help you to plan for your “I’m ready for my close-up” moment.
I logged on using the following instructions-I verified I was on the Katherines Corner Page
1. To go Live using Facebook
2. Log in and click at the top of your profile or page
3. Click the Live option
4. Create a short description for your broadcast
5. Click Go Live to begin your broadcast
Click the Finish button when you want to end your live streaming broadcast
Note: You can block viewers during a live broadcast by clicking the profile picture next to a viewer’s comment and then clicking Block. You can also unblock someone that you’ve previously blocked.
I began my welcome message and facebook had a bit of a hiccup and bumped me out of the go live. But, I tried again and there I was live on facebook! I still can’t believe I did it.
The following are things I will work on improving. If I do it again and things that you can avoid if you decide to give it a try.
I moved forward and started “chatting” I could see when people were watching and I did my best to acknowledge everyone who watched my broadcast. I do think it’s important to let your viewers know you appreciate their time.
- Make sure you have a good angle for your cell phone.
- Don’t slouch and stop fidgeting.
- I was looking down a lot, I have no idea why. But it resulted in my eyes looking very tiny or closed 75% of the time.
- Must use better lighting.
- Don’t sit to close to the phone, seriously I felt like you could see my pores from space.
- I had a rogue piece of hair that kept falling in my face. Next time I will make sure my hair is not running wild.
- I was licking my teeth a lot. This is a result of my medication, so I should have been drinking water during the broadcast. Since I couldn’t stop in the middle and rinse with biotine.
- Have something visually pleasing in the background. I had some lovely fresh flowers. But the majority of the time they weren’t seen.
- Have topic NOTES! I was flying fast and loose into new territory so my topics were getting a bit mixed up.
- Lastly, and this is a HUGE one, make sure you are broadcasting on your business page and not on your personal page.Well, you know that little hiccup in the in the beginning? That’s right, the entire broadcast was on my personal page!!! Shoot I was so disappointed. I shared it on the Katherines Corner page after it had ended though.
I posted my broadcast here at Katherines Corner just click HERE to see it.
Well there it is my, What I Learned About Facebook Live Streaming is now shared with you all.
Have you already tried the live streaming? I would love to know about your experience. Please leave it in the comments section. Or if you prefer you can email me . Contact
Have you signed up for the Love is in the air Magazine Challenge? Please click on the image below to sign up or click HERE to read the post first please click HERE. Let your creativity flow.
I hope to see you tomorrow night at 7pm (MST) for those overseas and for the early birds for the Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop.
You can share 1-3 blog post links. Thursday Favorite Things stays open until midnight on Saturday. Come and share your blog and lets grow your blog together.
New in the shop today!
Janine Huldie says
I have yet to attempt this and not sure if I will in all honesty as I am just not a huge video person in all honesty. But my hat is off to you and definitely appreciate your advice, as well xoxo <3