Lace Hoop Sachet Craft Project

Lace Hoop Sachet Craft Project

Lets make something pretty today!
lace sachet craft katherines corner
What You Need
Embroidery hoop (I used a 4 inch hoop)
Lace or tulle (about 12 inches square, may vary depending on embroidery hoop size)
Ribbon
Glue gun
Embellishments
Scissors
Fragrance beads or dry lavender
Before You Start : Heat up your glue gun. Take your embroidery hoop apart (remove the top pin by unscrewing)
Lets Make It! Place your inside loop onto a piece of lace or tulle and cut it about 1 inch larger in diameter than your embroidery hoop.
Lay your inside loop over the lace fabric and begin to proceed to glue the fabric to the loop using your hot glue gun all around the outside edge, gently pressing the lace fabric onto the glued edge. Work a little bit at a time ( hot glue dries quickly) moving slowly until the entire hoop is covered.
Using scissors trim any excess fabric from loop.  Repeat this same process with the outside loop.
 Place dried lavender or fragrance beads into the outside  loop and place the inside loop back into the outside loop. It will fit snugly.
Cut a piece of ribbon long enough to cover the outside loop edge. Using your glue gun, glue the ribbon to the outside edge of the embroidery hoop. Using, beads, ribbon, flowers and other embellishments glue trim around the face of the hoop. Finish with a ribbon bow through the holes at the top of the loop (where you removed the screw.) Hang your hoop sachet in your closet, or on your door knob, or give it as a gift. Do not place directly on your clothing (sometimes fragrance beads can stain).
I hope you will enjoy making this fragrant craft. Will you grab some lace and make one too?

Comments

1. Odie Langley says:

Beautifully done Katie

2. You have a talent for teaching. :) This would make a nice valentine gift for my mother -n-law who is in a nursing home. Not sure I could make it look as nice as yours.

3. Laura Wilkerson says:

This is such a cute idea and makes a neat gift at bridal/lingerie showers too. Back in "the day" we used to do these out of wire hangers for the closets.
    Have a great week!

4. Hi Katie, OH! so pretty, I would like to try this!!
    I have been reading some of your other posts, and enjoyed them so much. I really enjoyed your post on random thoughts, and the tomato soup is a must on my list.
    Thank you for your viist, and for your sweet note.
    Blessings,
    Sue

5. what a great idea!

6. vicki haley says:

Katie,
    What a great tutorial. I think I might could actually make this, even though I'm not real "crafty!" I also love the idea from Laura W. about using it as a gift for bridal showers. Thanks for sharing!

7. I am always trying to find ways to make my house smell good! This would be great. So pretty too!

8. How beautiful…wouldn't this be a pretty gift for a bride? So pretty!!

9. So beautiful!

10. clearness says:

Very dainty and pretty!

11. what a cute craft! maybe, as your newest follower, here and on facebook, i'll actually learn to be 'craftier'. for the moment, i'm extremely 'challenged' in that area! lol
    i hope you'll find a few minutes to visit the lost world and enter the giveaway for a yummy soy candle i have going!
    have a wonderful day!

12. MusingMom6 says:

I've made these before! Lovely smelling and pretty.

13. I just gave you an award. Check out my blog to pick it up.
    Debbie from nofiltermom.blogspot.com

14. Denise G says:

How pretty!

I am a new follower through 40 plus friday follow please follow back

15. Wow, that's very pretty.

16. Visiting from Winter Blog Hop..
    What a pretty project! It would be an awesome Mom's Day gift.

17. Cezar and Léia says:

HEllo Katherine
    Your blog is very special, so adorable posts!
    You are so kind and very creative, congratulations!
    A nice week for you!
    Léia – Bonjour Luxembourg

18. Thanks for the follow!! Following back, please stop back by and link up to our Monday Blog Hop!

The Adventures of Mommy B

19. Thank you for stopping by and participating in my Having Fun Blog Hop last Thursday! Sorry it took so long reply. I am already a follower of yours. :-)

Make sure you stop by both my blogs on Thursday…I have a hop on each one.

Have a great day!

Jodi
    A Mom Having Fun
    Helping Moms Work From Home

20. LOVE! Ohhhh, you’ve given me many ideas how to use this – I’ve a son getting married – so it would be nice to make some small ones for his girl for presents – and I’ve got a couple girls who will probably be marrying within a year or so and this would make even nice decorations. LOVE LOVE