Just Five Minutes
Did you realize there are several things you can accomplish around the house in just five minutes? We just enjoyed a long weekend here in the US and I thought I would do a few things around the house that I had been planning on getting around to. I’m laughing right now, because I am ambitious but hardly realistic. When hubby has some time off I would rather spend time with him than spend time taking care of household chores. Instead I opted for a few things I could do in five minutes. Maybe I would stretch it to 10 minutes 🙂 It got me thinking about how many other household chores could be accomplished in five minutes.
- Declutter the fridge. I often have notes,our grandchildren’s art work and miscellaneous clippings attached with magnets to the fridge. In five minutes or less it is completely cleaned up and only the grocery list remains. Well, and these adorable magnets. Because, what is a fridge without magnets, just a big cold box?
- Spice drawer clean out. This is easy, toss everything that has expired, add it to the grocery list which is now prominently displayed on the fridge. A little side note- try and re-use the old glass spice jars for other things.
- Clean out your in and out box on your desk. Place bills to be paid on the top
- Quick tidy of your linen closet
- Medicine cabinet clean out, check expiration dates. Gather everything together that has expired and take it to your local drop box. Please, do not pour down your sink or toilet.
- Turn all of the hangers in your clothes closet facing outward. No, not just for fun, although it is a little bit of fun. Every time you wear something you put the item back in the closet with the hanger facing in. After 6 months if you have hangers still facing outward you may want to consider donating these items.
- Shred, shred, shred. Take a few minutes to use your shredder and make sure any items you need discarded that have personal information on them are destroyed
- Soak your combs and brushes in a sink of shampoo suds. Come back later and rinse well and lay on a towel to dry.
- Sort your recyclables
- Fragrance your home. Boil three cinnamon sticks in a pot on the stove for five minutes. Take them off the heat and let them fill your home with a wonderful fragrance.
- Spray stained clothing in the laundry pile with your favorite stain remover and let them sit until you are ready to do your laundry.
- Wash and dry fresh veggies and herbs and store them in containers in the fridge
- Organize your first aid kit, make a note of things that need replacing
There you have it, several things that can be done in five minutes.
What household chores do you do in just five minutes?
If you missed yesterday’s post I hope you will add your ideas to my eggplant no name recipe.
thank you hugs coming your way