Riding Out the Storm-
Like many across the country we were riding out the recent storm. All across the United States high winds, rains, flooding, and tornadoes can be found bursting into the autumn season. We had strong winds, hail and even a tornado yesterday. We lost our electricity for 11 hours! We were fortunate to have not sustained too much damage. Others were not as lucky and found themselves piling sandbags to keep the flood waters at bay. A lot of damage has been sustained to those living in the southern part of Utah. It’s very warm and dry there most of the year, so the ground is not able to absorb that much water all at once. I ask that you join me and lift up in prayer all those affected, here and across the country.
While we were riding out the storm, I was reading a few of my favorite magazines, “Traditional Home, Cottage Journal, Artful Blogging, Victoria, Life Beautiful and Veranda”. You may have seen my Instagram post HERE. Reading by flashlight has its challenges. Over the summer hubby had purchased some compact and very bright LED lights (compact flashlights) that effectively harness the light of the sun. Oh so bright! Harbor Freight has been added to his favorite stomping ground, really, it is up there with Cabellas and Sportsman Warehouse and that is something to be noticed, as shopping in those stores has the ability to make time stand still. Fortunately for me the craft shop is a short walk away. Please note time has been known to stop there too.
As I was reading and diverting my eyes so as not to look directly into the light I had a few random thoughts.
• I think Cory Hart may have been using his Harbor Freight compact light during a power outage when he wrote, “I Wear My Sunglasses at Night”.
• Is Katherines Corner a blog with a shop or a shop with a blog?
• My bloggy friends and readers are going to be so excited when the see the list of wonderful giveaways coming up.
• Would my lovely readers read Katherines Corner if it was a monthly magazine?
• What if it cost money to be a subscriber?
• What does it cost to create a monthly magazine?
• I sure do love that man of mine.
• We should write down all of the upcoming television shows we want to watch.
• I hope the electricity comes back on so I can get a post ready for Friday.
• I will announce my newest shop items on Saturday, I’m so excited!
• What is Izzy eating?
• I ate too much for dinner.
• Has that freckle always been there?
I’d love to know your thoughts on all, or some, of the bits of random in today’s’ post. Wherever you are I hope you are riding out the storm.
You can still link up and share at yesterday’s link party (it’s open until midnight on Saturday). Last chance to get your entry in for the Breakfast to Go Giveaway; enter to win $100, a sandwich maker and a sandwich maker cookbook!
In terms of a monthly magazine, Katie, do you mean one that is a physical paper monthly magazine or one that is an e-format. How do you make one?
Lol at your random thoughts Katherine! I especially liked ‘has that freckle always been there?’. Glad to hear you are all safe. Mimi xxx
First: adding my prayers for those facing wild weather. Second: my hubby is known to get lost in the same store your hubby likes. Third: enjoyed reading your random thoughts.
So glad you were safe during the storm. I enjoy reading your blog so much! Have a happy weekend.
The Red Painted Cottage says
11 hours without electricity is a LONG time in today’s world. So glad we were safe and OK!
Janine Huldie says
Aw, just glad you are all OK and rode out the storm to the other side. Wishing you a wonderful Friday and weekend ahead now. Hugs xoxo 😉