Hello friends, it’s snowing! This morning I woke up at 4:30, yes you read that right ( smile). I had a dream that woke me up. I dream a lot, I remember a lot of them. I used to keep a dream journal. But after a while, I discovered it was easier to go back to sleep if I didn’t turn the flashlight ( so I don’t wake my hubby) on and start writing.
I used to have night terrors. They started at a very young age and continued until I was in my thirties. But thankfully I only have the occasional nightmare now. The night terrors have all but vanished.
Dream interpretation is an interesting topic. Are you ever curious about what your dream means?
I dream in color, and I often dream in French. I am not fluent in French, I really don’t remember much, even though we lived there for 4 years. I can also wake from a dream and go back to sleep right and pick up where I left off. Many of my dreams are more like premonitions, they come true ( more about that in a future post).
Do you dream in color?
Do you dream in other languages?
If you eat certain foods do you have weird dreams? Hubby and I both do.
Over the years I have come to understand that dreams often don’t mean what we think they do. It’s not always clear why we are dreaming about things that “seem” to have no relevance to our lives. But, a lot of us have similar dreams. I’ve listed the most common ones I can think of and their interpretation below.
Which of these dreams do you have?
- Being Chased – Most often this dream is related to how you are feeling about something that you’d prefer to avoid. Like a difficult decision, a stressful event, maybe even something you’re afraid of.
- Falling– There are two types of falling dreams. The most common one is the horrifying fall off the edge of a cliff, or the floor falling out from under you. This seems to represent a loss of control in your life. It has also been described as the result of getting carried away by inflated feelings of self-importance. It may signify a warning that we are headed for a fall.
- The second type of falling is falling in slow motion. This can mean releasing anxiety and fears or letting go of your need to control things around you.
- Flying– Dreams of flying are most commonly about independence and freedom. But it has also been suggested that the meaning is about having a “birds-eye view” of the world. Seeing things in their fullest form by observing from above.
- Naked– Like the Emperor, you have no clothes! Dreams of being naked in public often mean that you’re feeling vulnerable, or you’re afraid that others see through your “clothes” to the real you within. It has also been said that it means that you have nothing to hide, that you have the self-confidence to let the world see you as you are.
- Losing Teeth– My Mother dreams about losing teeth. Teeth are symbols of youth, strength, and vigor. By losing your teeth you are having feelings of losing your youth or your attractiveness. Tooth loss is a common aging process so it makes sense that losing them in your dreams represents our feelings about aging.
Well friends, do any of these dreams feel familiar? What do you dream about?
You can still add your blog posts to the TFT party HERE. I hope you all have a lovely weekend. Stay safe!a Rafflecopter giveaway