Hello friends, it doesn’t matter if you call it supper or dinner we all know it just needs to be delicious. I love pasta, who doesn’t? So today I’m sharing 4 different ways to enjoy a delicious lasagna dinner. Mangia, mangia! ( Italian for eat)
Lets start with the traditional lasagna recipe we all enjoy so much. This delicious lasagna recipe is from Jenn at Once Upon a Chef. A rich meat sauce and four cheeses. Yes please!
Are you ready for lasagna soup? Because this one is going to roll your socks down! Sam and Dan from Ahead of Thyme have a rich and wonderful lasagna soup that will have you going back for more.
is actually one of my favorites, and Natasha from Salt and Lavender has a “must make it now” recipe! This recipe is a great way to use leftover chicken or rotisserie chicken.
Now it’s my turn, what’s for dinner? Spinach Lasagna!
What You Need
- 2 Tbsp Canola oil (or extra virgin olive oil if you prefer
- 2 Tbsp. Butter (salted)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 6-8 Cups Marinara with chopped tomatoes (or two 28 oz. cans of basil, oregano and garlic tomatoes)
- 2 Cups basil, oregano, and garlic tomato sauce.
- 2 Cans tomato paste
- ½ cup chopped basil (dried is fine too)
- Salt and pepper
- 2 Bags frozen chopped spinach (defrosted, drained and dried) *
- 1 Lb. Mozzarella cheese (thinly sliced) separated
- ½ lb. Provolone cheese (shredded) separated
- 3 Cups fresh ricotta cheese (or cottage cheese, large curd and drained)
- 21/2 Cups Parmigiana cheese (shredded)
- 2 Large Eggs (yolks only)
- 2 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1 Box no-boil lasagna noodles (about 12-14 pieces)
- Large saucepan
- Slotted Spoon
- Baking dish (lasagna pan)
- Large mixing bowl
Before You Start separate two eggs and set aside and prepare spinach*. I use a flour sack towel, put the spinach in the middle, twist the ends and squeeze (over the sink). Preheat the oven to 375°
Let’s Make It! In a saucepan over medium heat, add oil, butter and garlic, stir often and cook until softened (about 2-3 minutes). Add marinara, tomato sauce, tomato paste, basil, salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a boil then lower temperature simmer for 30 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
In a bowl combine ½ of the mozzarella (tear into pieces as you add, it will melt quicker, all of the ricotta, 1 cup of the parmigiano and the eggs yolks, using a slotted spoon mix well to combine.
Add a large spoonful of sauce to the lasagna pan, spread it around, lay pasta on top to create a layer (4 pieces). Add more sauce (enough to cover the pasta) spread it around a bit, and then spread about ¼ of the spinach cheese mixture to create a layer, then add a layer of pasta, then sauce, repeat until all pasta has been used ending with a layer of sauce. (About 3-4 layers). Spread all remaining cheese over the top.
Bake uncovered until brown and bubbling on top, (about an hour). If it starts to get dark brown, cover loosely with aluminum foil. When cooked through (fork can pierce all the way through. Remove from the oven and set aside for about 20 minutes.
*Katie’s tid bits this recipe is also wonderful with a zucchini layers. Serves 6
Which recipe will you make first?
I look forward to seeing you all back here for the TFT blog hop on Thursday. Maybe you’ll be sharing a lasagna recipe too. (recipe)