Hello friends, are the bees buzzing where you are? I can’t believe our crazy weather hasn’t stopped them from getting their “buzz on” (smile). The bumble bees are still declining in America. Did you know there are several states in the US where there are no bees at all? Idaho, Main, New Hampshire, South Dakota , Oregon, Rhode Island Vermont, and Wyoming*!
7 Ways to Save the Bees
- Plant a bee garden (for bees and other pollinators)
- Don’t destroy wild bee hives. Contact an experienced Beekeeper for removal
- Support your local Beekeepers Association
- Eat sustainable honey, your local farmers market is a great place to start
- Make a bee house (instructions are HERE)
- Sign petitions to ban harmful pesticides
- Teach your children about the importance of bees. *
A little poem about bees ( children might enjoy)
A little reminder from me to you, You are Bee-utiful!