Hello friends, Happy Earth Day! This Year’s Earth Day theme is “Invest in our Planet”. The theme is meant to encourage individuals, businesses, and world leaders, to invest in and use greener technology and overall practices. My husband works for a well-known worldwide company that has been using greener technologies and manufacturing practices for many years. They are often acknowledged for their low impact on earth. Do you and/or your employer recycle?
Many of you already know in our home we work hard to leave a small waste impact and carbon footprint. We recycle, up-cycle and use reusable products that lessen our impact on earth. We make the commitment to take our recyclables to our local recycle drop offs ourselves, our area only has green waste pickup.
Here are just a few examples of how we do our part in protecting mother earth.
- We use flour sack towels instead of paper towels 90% of the time.
- We are currently planning on buying a hybrid car.
- Aluminum is smooshed and delivered to our local recycle center once a month.
- All paper and cardboard is folded flat and delivered to the paper recycle center.
- Reusing items in ways not originally intended works well for us too. Find some new uses for old things HERE 😊
- For my business I reuse paper, as note pads. Recycle my ink cartridges and recycle all paper products my supplies are mailed in.
The simplest things can make a big difference.
How are you celebrating Earth Day? Do you have and use recycle centers where you live?
Thank you for spending time at Katherines Corner. xo