DIY Spooky Ghost Hot Chocolate-
- Preheat oven to 200F. Line a baking sheet with Silpat or parchment paper.
- In a large bowl preferably with an electric mixer, beat the egg whites, cream of tartar and vanilla on medium speed just until frothy.
- Next, gradually add your sugar while the mixer is mixing, little bits at a time until the sugar is all gone. Now increase the mixer speed to medium-high. Beat the mixture until stiff peaks form. This takes around ~6-8 minutes.
- Now, fill your piping bag with a spoon. Next, pipe swirls of meringue onto your baking sheet. To pipe, just place your tip perpendicular to the baking sheet and gently squeeze, lifting the bag up slowly to create layers. Then at the end, do a little swirl to give the ghost a cone top! Next, add two candy eyes to each ghost. There is no “perfect” ghost, they are supposed to be spooky and uneven!
- Bake in the oven for about 1 hour or until the meringues and dry and feel hard to the touch. Turn off the oven and allow to continue to dry in the oven. Once cool, you may enjoy!
- Fill your mug with hot chocolate and simply place on top!
Raise your hand if you are ready to Make Spooky Ghost Hot Chocolate
I hope to see you all back here tomorrow night for the Thursday Favorite Things link party!
thank you hugs coming your way