Pea Purée Spread-
Grab your food processor we are going to whip up a simple pureed pea spread you can use for a number of delicious recipes. Okay I know smashed peas don’t really look that appetizing but, give it a try I think you will be pleasantly surprised.
What You Need
4 Cups petite peas, or edamame prepared ( see below)
1 Tbsp. distilled white vinegar
1 tsp. White pepper
½ tsp. Sea salt
1 tsp. Crushed red pepper ( or chili powder)
1/4 Cup canola oil (or olive oil not extra virgin)
1 Clove garlic
Food processor (or blender)
Tomatoes ( optional)
Toasted bread rounds, crudités, crackers your choice or choose them all
Before You Start!
Cook peas, drain and add to ice bath set aside. Grind crushed pepper to a powder in your spice grinder, or using a mortar and pestle.
Lets Make It!
- Add garlic clove to food processor and add a drizzle of canola oil, pulse until well crushed.
- Drain the cold peas and add them to the food processor, pulse twice.
- Add remaining oil and vinegar, pulse twice.
- Add remaining dry ingredients, pulse until well combined but not whipped.
- Transfer to serving bowl
- Spread on toasted bread, crackers, or dip fresh veggies.
Top with onion, tomatoes if desired
Katie Tid Bits* you can also serve warm and spread on cooked fish, cod, salmon or tuna
Makes 4 cups
Have will you serve this Pea Purée Spread
I’ll see you at the Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop. Only a few days left to enter the In the Pink Giveaway!
thank you hugs coming your way