Hello friends, my sweet hubby bought me a waffle maker for Christmas and I’ve been getting a lot of use out of it. Waffles can be made in a variety of tasty ways. So I’m sharing some waffle love with you today!
For the Love of Waffles Recipes to start your morning with a smile.
My Everyday Recipe starts with Bisquick’s basic waffle recipe with a few changes 😊
What You Need
- 2 Cups Original Bisquick™ mix
- 1 tsp. Baking powder
- 1Tbsp. Sugar substitute (or 2 Tbsp. granulated sugar)
- 1 1/3 Cups milk substitute (I use Lactaid 2%) (or milk, or soy milk, I’m not sure if nut milk works well)
- 1 Egg
- 2 Tbsp. canola oil
- Whisk, fork, 2 medium size bowls, waffle maker
Before you Start-
Preheat your waffle maker. My Oster Belgian Waffle Maker, temperature is set at 300°F. Please use your waffle maker suggested setting.
Lets Make It!
In one bowl whisk wet ingredients together, in the other bowl add the dry ingredients stir with fork to combine well. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix with whisk until creamy.
Spoon the mixture into the center of the waffle maker (mine makes 1 waffle with four pieces). I use 3 ice cream scoops in my waffle maker. You may have to adjust the recipe according to your waffle maker capacity. Please follow your waffle maker instructions.
Makes about 4 full size waffles (four pieces per waffle). I usually make a few batches to freeze. I pop them in the toaster to heat quick and easy.
Now you have the base for your waffles it’s time to get fancy. Because a great waffle also has great toppings.
- My favorites are- strawberries and blueberries with dairy free butter and a little sugar free syrup.
- Chopped apples, dairy free butter and my sugar free apple spice dust (recipe below).
- Peaches and sugar free powdered sugar (recipe below) and of course dairy free butter.
Other Toppings to try: Blueberries with almond slivers and honey, peanut butter and jelly or Banana slices and chocolate syrup.
Sugar free apple spice dust- 4 Tbsp sugar free confectioners’ sugar, 1 Tbsp cinnamon- ½ tsp. nutmeg. Sugar free confectioners’ sugar-a Rafflecopter giveaway