Hello friends, I hope this finds you all enjoying a peaceful Sunday. Today on the blog, it’s time for another Sunday Supper recipe. If you’re looking for inspiration for your meal planning I hope you will enjoy these tasty recipes. Today I’m sharing a yummy recipe for chicken and gravy.
My Easy Peasy White Pepper Gravy is a must have when you don’t have any drippings from your main course. It has minimal ingredients and it’s a “tummy pleaser” poured on chicken, rolls, biscuits, etc. Because sometimes you just need that little bit extra with your meal.If you’ve missed any previous Sunday Supper recipes you can find them HERE.
What You Need
- 3 Tbs. Butter (unsalted or dairy free margarine)
- 2 Cups chicken broth (or chicken bouillon)
- 2 ½ Tbs all-purpose flour
- ½ Tbsp. cornstarch
- ½ Cup milk
- ½ tsp. Salt, or to taste
- 2 tsp. White pepper, or to taste (if you prefer to see the speckles use freshly ground black pepper)
- Medium saucepan
- Measuring cup
- Small bowl
- Before You Start
- Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat. Let cool about (5 minutes). In a small bowl combine 1 tsp. water to the cornstarch and stir well until it looks like paste
Let’s Make It!
Add flour to the melted butter and whisk well, add broth and remaining ingredients and whisk until creamy. Cook and stir over medium heat until you reach simmer, continue whisking about ( 1-2 minutes) If gravy is to thick add milk a drizzle at a time until it reached your preferred consistency.
Makes 2 Cups
*Katie’s Tidbits try adding crushed red chili flakes, or a pinch of garlic.
Now for something yummy to pour it on… thank you to the fine folks at Better Homes and Gardens for their broiled boneless skinless chicken recipe (image from their website). Please click HERE for the recipe or check out my recipes HERE
Have you entered my Hey Hey it’s My Birthday giveaway yet? You can enter HERE