Pretty Little Boxes

I had to restrain myself when I was at the shop the other day. I’m usually pretty good about buying just what is needed. I try not to stray to far from the list. But,I am drawn like a magnet to pretty boxes. I just love them. There’s just something wonderful about putting something ordinary into something, well… extraordinary!

I managed to keep my money in my wallet and just ooh-ed and ahh-ed a bit.

When I came home I started looking around and realized that I really do have a lot of  pretty little boxes….. everywhere. In just about every room and cupboard. I even keep my tea bags in one!

There are some in the master bath closet
    Some velvet covered ones in our master clothes closet ( no you’re not seeing double) I have two of the same boxes. I actually have several duplicates throughout the house.
 There are some baskets too.

Some in the guest’s linen closet.

I  have a few baskets in the den closet holding greeting cards.

My favorite boxes have a little ribbon on them, or a beach scene ( the beach always makes me think of time well spent).

As long as there is stuff, I’m sure I’ll need pretty boxes.
Do you have a lot of boxes, baskets or other containers that you like to keep things in? What draws you like a magnet when you go into the shops?

* we’re only 98 followers away from a giveaway!!

Comments

1. I too love boxes and baskets. I am a sucker for bows and floral prints! I belive as you do that you can never have enough! Thanks for the fun post.

2. Thisisme. says:

Lovely to see all your pretty boxes. I must admit, I'm a sucker for them as well.

3. I love and use boxes and baskets too Katherine, but those tow ladies in the firts pic. are the hoot.Lol. Thank you for sharing.
    Enjoy your day.
    Sue

4. Thanks for sharing all your beautiful boxes and baskets. I have to admit, I love them myself!

5. Bossy Betty says:

OK, OK, I really have to get rid of some of the old shoeboxes I use to store things in!

6. Maria@BubblegumandDuctTape says:

very pretty boxes and nicely stacked. I'm not sure what calls me when I'm in a store….I guess paper since I have tons of it. Scrapbook paper, there's so many pretty prints, I have a closet full of paper.

7. Those are lovely. I also have some pretty boxes in closets. I, too, am drawn to them in stores.

8. Odie Langley says:

I also love to ooh & aww but can usually walk away unless the price is so good. The first picture was awesome.
    Odie

9. Kat aka Beachkat says:

I love them too. I love to be able to hide things out of sight but close at hand.

Hugs,
    Kat

10. welcome to my world of poetry says:

I too put things into boxes for safe and tidy keeping.
    They have some very collectable ones out now.

Loved the post and pics also.
    Yvonne.

11. Brandi says:

I love your organized closets!

12. I LOVE boxes and bags and labeled container of any kind!! I'm a self confessed box-aholic! (sp?)
    The more bows and ribbons on them the better…lol!
    Yours are cute and your closets cuter!!

13. Yup! Everything looks better in a lovely box. I use them and seagrass baskets where I can.
    Love, love, love them!

14. Desert Dreaming says:

So pretty…I am a organizing freak, seriously…everytime I go to HomeGoods, or a shop that has beautiful storage, I have to buy a piece. I loves things organized, labeled and know exactly where something is at. But yours are just stunning.

Thanks for such an adorable post.

Joni

15. Lauren Guess says:

came by from totally tuesday ! Love your blog!

16. Sleppery says:

I love baskets! They really add a homey touch.
    New follower from MBC :)

17. Karren says:

Hi There I am your newest follower and appreciate that you are following mine. Check out my others at http://ohmyheartsie.blogspot.com or
    Thanks have a great day!
    Karren

18. Gypsy Heart says:

I love them too! It feels like having hidden treasure for me…not sure why. I do love them and in a variety of styles and colors.
    xo
    Pat

19. I love pretty boxes as well. Various prints and embellishments make them so uniquely special. Yours are just beautiful.

20. caterpillar says:

They look so cute…I liked the black and red ones the best….

21. Catherine says:

Beautiful boxes indeed!! I too love boxes and containers. These are so pretty.
    I am Catherine and married to a Robert, who's Mom, was from England.
    I am following you and am new to blogging. I'd love it if you'd check out my blog aCatherine at Oak Lawn Images

Trackbacks