Hello friends, I have something pretty darn great to share with you today (smile). I also have something AWESOME for you! Recently I have been educating myself on all thing’s farmhouse style, that’s not the awesome part . But… please keep reading. I feel comfortable sharing what I’ve learned and giving you something wonderful too. Some of you may be considering adding farmhouse style elements to your home, or you might be looking for inspiration for your autumn home decor. These Elements of Farmhouse Decor are just what you will love.
Many of you already know that I have a blend of modern, mission style and traditional decor styles throughout my home (perhaps that means I don’t decorate in one easily defined style.) With the exception of my farmhouse dough bowl. You can read about it HERE. But that doesn’t mean I don’t like and appreciate other design styles. I really do, and many Elements of Farmhouse Style Decor can easily be added to my decor for everyday and autumn decorating.
The elements of farmhouse style decor seem to be pretty straight forward. There is a focus on simplicity and practicality, and the ability to easily mix vintage or rustic designs with current modern pieces. The words comfort, function and welcoming were used a lot in my study.
We all know comfort is key no matter what style you use in your home.
Elements of Farmhouse Style Decor
- Reclaimed, distressed, salvaged or weathered woods.
- Oversized furniture and using slipcovers.
- Light and neutral color palates. Warm whites, shades of tan, and classic greys are the distinct color tones. Adding pops of color in blues, greens and yellows too.
- Sturdy and practical furnishings that serve more than one function.
- Natural textures and accessories mixed with metals. Such as wire baskets, galvanized lighting, and other iron rod works. For autumn decor using cotton bolls, wheat, pine cones and other bits of nature.
- Mixing vintage or rustic designs with current modern decor items and accessories.
- Leaning towards minimalism but not sparse.
- Create a focal point. An entry way, fireplace mantel or cozy nook.
- Although wood planked flooring,ship lap and wainscoting aren’t decor, they are a popular elements in farmhouse style as well.
My personal side note for all things home…no matter your style I always love to have a gathering place. It’s usually the kitchen in our home. It’s where good conversations and food are both enjoyed. It can be created in any decor style.
Okay now that I have shared my elements of farmhouse style decor. It’s time for that awesome part!
I have the pleasure and the privilege of being a Wild Oats Interiors Ambassador. What is Wild Oats Interiors? It’s a lovely classic farmhouse decor store! Wait until you see all of the farmhouse accessories and inspiration for your autumn home too! Please read their about us page HERE
So you may be thinking, Wow that’s great Katherine but why is it awesome for me? Well there are perks to being an ambassador…. What are the perks? Here comes the awesome…use code KATHERINESCORNER any time you make a purchase and receive 15% off at checkout!!! Now that is awesome! Thank you Wild Oats Interiors for providing my amazing bloggy friends with this generous discount!
Our daughter has a lovely home.She decorates using Elements of Farmhouse Style Decor. Look at this wonderful autumn home decorating inspiration! She’ll be using my code straight away ( smile).
So bottom line … the simplicity and practicality of farmhouse decor elements can easily be incorporated into your home. You don’t have to go “all in” to enjoy the Elements of Farmhouse Style and Decor. And… remember to use the code KATHERINESCORNER every time you shop at Wild Oats Interiors!
I look forward to seeing you back here on Thursday for the TFT blog hop. The Summer Cash Giveaway has ended. Please watch for the new giveaway that starts on Saturday!